So many projects so lil time- a stronger camber plate

My project board is getting filthy and im not making much progess but in that lil progess i have made i decided to jump back on my coilovers since i have been bugging over west and his path grinder project i decided to head back to shop and ignore my military duties for research today :)

So my big fear with the coilover project is the strut mount fun stuff right incredibly boring u might say i know but when they break while your driving it makes u want to do just a lil bit better

dont let this happen to u

2013-04-02180721_zpsb8c59cdf.jpg

that being said i went looking for alternatives to our trucks what i came across (at the local stealer ship) is that the best way to find a stronger strut mount is to look for something with the same strut plate what i found is alot of Nissan look like they use the same size plate so i found to the sentra b13 i believe and the 240sx s13 look almost identical to ours and both have pillow ball camber plates readily available.

so my idea is to run something like this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MK1-Universal-Fit-Triangle-Camber-Plate-Strut-Mount-Nissan-Datsun-240Z-260Z-280Z-/380545765584?rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222002%26algo%3DSIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D14348%26meid%3D7083476925253464182%26pid%3D100005%26prg%3D1088%26rk%3D3%26sd%3D120827338291%26

problem i for see is the way it is groved would be off for our trucks meaning the camber adjust would also effect the caster which i don't see being to big of a problem because it can actually give u a lil turning angle and such i had this type of setup on my mx83 cressida with s13 coil overs and it didn't hurt it all anyway these are just my ramblings and potential projects anyone have any insights please share i am open to critism as well

a

I'm super interested in this project o yours, and I'm glad I'm not the only guy here thinking the stanced route. If you can get this to work oh man that'd be awesome. It's what I had in mind for Pathgrinder originally, cambering out some fat diamond steelies. And if these coils work then it means I won't have to go as large and get to go a lot lower. KEEP ME UPDATED.

PS. Just realized you live in AZ. I'm gonna be moving to Phoenix at the end of this summer :P We should definitely meet up, kick it, and such.

Edited by overwest

hey man anytime u wanna hang hit me up im not going a stanced route my coilovers would be for offroad but the same principle that is used for going higher can be used to go lower it would actually be easier that way.