2008 SE Off Road - Error Codes P3138 and U1000

Groovnd

I was driving yesterday and heard a clunk sound. The Service light and 4WDicon1.png light came on and the dash image that shows if the 2 vs. 4 wheels are engaged went away. I drove it to the auto parts store without stopping so I could have them check the codes. When pulling into the parking lot, it would not downshift at all.

I parked and shut off the vehicleicon1.png. Now it will not start or even try to turn over. All the power seems to be working fine however. They connected the code reader and it showed P3138 ENG and U1000 Mod CAN Communication.

It is still sitting in front of the autoicon1.png parts store. Can anyone give me an idea of what I'm dealing with? This is the SE Off Road model.

Thanks!

Edited by Groovnd

Are you sure it wasn't a p2138 code? If it was, it's for the accelerator pedal. The u1000 code is for the CAN system(info sharing system). Try turning your engine off. Turn the key to the on position(without starting) and wait 10 seconds. Do this three Tim's ending in the key on position. Be sure not to push either of the pedals and turn everything else off. Let us now if it helps

Great, I'll give that a shot this afternoon. I took a picture of the code reader, it was definitely P3138. Here is the complete reading on that one:

P3138 ENG

No DTC definition found.

Thanks for your reply!

Here is what I found out about the P3138 code:

"There is no P3138 code. There is a "P2138" code, which is for the APP (accellerator pedal position) sensor. Generic OBD II code readers like those most auto parts stores use only read powertrain codes and not drivetrain (ie 4WD) or BCM codes."

I'm going to have it towed to a shop to check it out. I'll followup on her when I get a diagnosis. Thanks for the help!