A few suspension questions...

comotion

Hey gang, I've been reading all I can, but I thought it was time to just join and ask!

I recently bought a well cared for 2002 Pathfinder (145k), and I'm working my way through the suspension. Trailing arms (moog), sway bar links (moog) and shocks(gas-a-just) are done. Everything else is original.

Coil springs are next, as the originals are a sagging. Should I pick up the rubber seats

(Nissan?) as well? Perhaps this is a silly question since you can't see my existing setup, so I guess I'm wondering if that's what most of you do when you upgrade the springs.

Speaking of springs, I rarely leave the pavement, but the roads here are probably as bad as they get. Basically, I just want comfort. Moog, OME MD, or something else? I'm thinking OME, but the moogs seem really well priced. There is a lot of talk about lift on this forum, for obvious reasons, but I just want a nice ride. Please don't laugh me out of here, this seems to be the most active pathfinder forum!

While I'm at it, I might as well replace the struts... I read, KYB, but OEM mounts, so just 54320 (strut isolator mount) and 54325(strut bearing)? Anything else? These were the two parts that the dealer recommended, but again, just wondering what's the norm. Sorry, there are a lot of parts listed that make up the whole strut assembly.

If you've read all of this, I really appreciate your time. Any advice would be huge. Thanks!

I'd go KYB they have good reviews and you can find them for reasonable prices.

I'd go ahead and pick up the isolator and strut bearing but would hope to re-use the originals if they are in good condition.

you might also need dust boots and bump stops ( I know mine does.)

as far as springs go OME...small lift and able to handle a heavier load. everyone who has them seems to like the ride.

hope this helps

We really like our OME springs (HD front, MD rear), gained 2 1/2" up front and 2 1/4" out back over factory sagged springs.

I've never seen measurements for what would have been stock heights but it's not that much lift.

I'm only 6' and I bang my head on the upper door opening getting in pretty frequently.

It tows our Coleman camper just fine.

Our rear bump stops looked ok last spring when we did the springs, looks are deceiving with older rubber.

I have to go back in there and replace them as they are now coming apart in chunks.