Torsion Bar Dust Boots & Ball Joints

andreus009

1) Anyone know where to get the torsion bar dust boots from other than 4x4parts.com?

2) My ball joints have over 210,000 miles on them. In years past I have kept expecting the alignment people to tell me I need new ball joints, but not yet. The rubber is cracked around them (has been for years), but that seems to be the only issue. I am pulling the suspension apart to replace all the bushings. Do the ball joints have to come out of the control arms to complete the bushing work? Should I replace the ball joints since I'm in there?

1995 Pathfinder

1. Dealer. I don't recall them being that expensive, but I know you can get them there.

2. You don't really need to, because our ball joints just unbolt. You could just loosen the 4 bolts and take the arms off and press out the bushings or however you were going to do it. With that much mileage, I would think about replacing them. You are already going to be in there. I replaced mine recently because the OEM rubber was destroyed. I went with Moogs, now I just lay under there every now and then and grease them.