Largest tires on 01 SE

DClongskate

First let me say that I attempted to use the search feature, but it didn't like words I was attempting to use.

I recently purchased a 01 pathfinder, a truck I have wanted for a long time. I had a 90, which I loved dearly and drove till it had no floorboard and over 300,000 when the odometer stopped. Toughest off road truck I ever owned, from my youthful trails in Colorado, to my days in south Dakota, to horrible winters in Minnesota.

Now, excited about my new 01'.. I need new tires, and am wondering how large I can go without a lift kit? Would anyone be able to help?? Looking a little more clearance for deep snow and some mud play. I drive this truck daily and my commute is currently 60 miles a day.

Bottom line is I want a more off road look, better clearance, without loss of mileage or handling...

I'm stoked to have found NPORA!!

DC

Perhaps you should use nicer words... :D

Welcome to NPORA and congrats on your second Pathy. Yeah, those old WS21 are tough, that's why there are still so many on the road!

Ok, I'm not an expert on lifting the 2001 R50, but what I recall is that it is the year they switched (or previously) to 16" rims for caliper clearance. The size tire depends on if you are going to lift, retain the stock rims, etc so there is no 1 answer that fits all. What you want to do is use the advanced search function and confine the search to the R50 section of the forum. Also peruse the FAQ section found there...

B