Terrano towbar

Terranooz93

Hi, new to the forum been a long time lurker - I'm looking to do some towing soon with a boat 5-5.5 meters meaning ill be towing probably around 1600 kg plus. I have a towbar which came on the car which is rated at 1200 kgs which is not enough. I'm having a hell of a time sourcing a a heavy duty bar for the car most can't even fid the terrano on their system.

If I tell them it is a pathfinder they will say they only support the '95 pathfinder upwards. Is there any major differences in these models that would prevent me using this model? Would a Navara D21 fit a terrano d21? Thanks

Hey mate and :welcome:

Since your a perth local I suggest you have a chat to the guys at Parkside tow bars, there in welshpool and do real good work in my experience with my dads cars at a reasonable price IMO. Where a bouts in perth are you located?

^^What he said, make the hayman reese your last option there's plenty of shops that offer heavy duty towbars for the wd21 just call around and yes the 95 is a wd21.

Hey mate I'm in Port Kennedy you?Had a quick chat on phone with them today but they said they only do the '95 pathfinder upwards so I'm presuming te chassis was altered from then on not to sure when the wd21 line ends all very confusing lol

ahhk, can't say i know anyone locally, I'm in carlisle. Well i know 96 and up changed to the R50, so maybe thats what he means? but as far as i know the d21 navaras should be the same if not extremely close.

Ok thanks that clears it up a bit with the years got a feeling they must mean the r50 will have to wait tomorrow to ask again. If the d21 navara fits that would be great there are heavy duty ones available