Manual Trans No reverse?

r3mDollz

If you have the FS5R30A transmission and you decide to take it to a trans shop and get internal work done, be sure to print out a copy of this TSB and bring it with you so they know to overfill the trans. Hopefully they'd know anyway, but it wouldn't hurt to give them a copy.

Got a phone call back from the mechanic $1600 to get my tranny rebuilt! i thought that was a little excessive so I called a few mates and ended up finding a second hand one which is apparently in good cond, yet to check it out in person, now here comes the fun part... I don't really know a thing about pulling a tranny, kinda learning as i go along, has anyone had any major issues pulling their tranny? I'm pretty keen to get a hands on look at how it all works but i don't want to create a bigger problem!

Did you drain the transfer case as well? This is where you are likely to make your mess after you pull out the drive shaft.

I haven't yet was only really checking through the oil for metal shavings/ pieces, but now I'm changing it all out i guess that would be a good idea haha

This video shows how to remove the transmission and do a clutch on the v6 but it should give you a general idea on what to do except this is a 2wd navara so there's no transfer case.

[media=]

[/media]

This video shows how to remove the transmission and do a clutch on the v6 but it should give you a general idea on what to do except this is a 2wd navara so there's no transfer case.

[media=]

[/media]

Thats great! helps me a lot! Thanks!