Diff drop bracket

jetett

Hey guys just after some info as apparently I can get the trailmaster diff drop kit for a hardbody in the UK for my terrano. All I need is the front components and I can fab up coil spacers for the rear and so on. Now my question is can the front lower control arms with abit of reinforcing support coilovers? I was thinking of mounting them where the shock currently sits but where it sits is more to the rear of the control arm and not directly inline or near the centre of the wheel, is it ok to put load where it currently sits? Reinforced shock hoops is a must and a new upper control arms so it doesn't interfere with the coilover. My reason for this is iv weighed up my options for what the car will be used for and it will mostly be on road with the occasional weekend away. And with the tracks here in Australia the position of the trailmaster torsion bar drop kit is out of the question is why I want to go coilovers.

Any info will be appreciated

Thanks guys

• 2 weeks later...

Of course. It simply comes down to how much you reinforce them....though they already support the weight of it...

The top arm may be an issue...you'll need a pretty big bend in the rear of the 'loop' to get around a coilover.