FYI calmini steering upgrade

Guest wickedvision

Guest wickedvision

Just a Little FYI for anyone looking into buying the Calmini steering upgrade. There is a difference between the 92 and 92.5 pathfinders . My Pathfinder was made in 3/92 and calmini had me call the dealer to find out if it was a 92 or 92.5 . The dealer told me it was a 92 . turns out that it was a 92.5 and my $60 I paid for 3 day air was a complete waist. Any way got the right part a week later and it will be going in tonight .

are you talkin about the pitman arm hole? Ironicaly enough, I had the same problem with my 91. Great service though, they shipped me the new one right away, and just said mail the wrong one back asap and gave me return postage. Here's the side by side of my old pitman arm, and new (wrong)

715562_5.jpg

Guest wickedvision

Yeah it was the pitman arm hole .the pre 92.5 is smaller by quite a bit. I just wanted to help other people get the right part the first time . anyway I just installed it saturday and it was a pretty straight forward installation and the allignment center had no problems with the alignment. It should have come with beefier outer tie rod ends though . It seems that that would now be a weak link. but it's a very trick setup none the less.

Yah, I'd rather have a cheep, 20 dollar item as my weak link, rather than the whatever it costs for the other parts. Peace of mind in the other parts is what the kit is all about. your complaint is the main reason is why I love the Calmini kit. It creates a solid system, where the weakest part is the place where one, yes it is most likely to fail, but on the other hand, it is the easiest to replace. Makes sense in my mind.

M.M.

Guest wickedvision

Has anyone with the steering upgrade also added a steering damper? I am pretty sure that there should not be any clearance issues but I thought I would check with you guys first . I was thinking of getting the rancho unit . Thanks

Oh yeah, the rancho kit doesn't fit. I'm gonna have to modify the drop bracket that comes down form the idler arm out away from the center link, then make a new bracket to attatch to the centerlink. Nothin too hard, just time consuming.