Security Lock Out?

kmgar99

Spent the morning cleaning the 97 and now it wont start. Won't crank. All lights work, 12.7 volts at battery, voltage drop when trying turning key to start is less than 1 volt! Headlights don't even dim when turning key to Start! Checked all fuses - all good - Charged battery - no help - tried to jump - no help. Tried every combo of lock and unlock i can think of...still nothing. I have the shop manual, and i will try and trace all the voltage to see where i might have a problem.

Anyone had this problem before?

I feel like an idiot! It was the starter!! In 20 years of working on cars i've never had a starter not give some sort of strange noise. (click, grind whine...something)

A good smack with a plastic mallet while the wife started it and whala! Only wish i didn't need to have it up and running by today. $150 for a rebuilt at a local parts store when i could have had one shipped to me from RockAuto for $80 (Shipping and tax included)

oh well at least i knopw all the relays are good and so is every fuse, harness, connector, ignition switch...etc...