Heims or Tie Rods and why..?

Leaf Spring = High steer

Coil spring = normal steering works fine.

Full Hydro = heims for sure

Heim vs One Ton.... I have used both. Went away from Heim and never looked back. The one tons have held up perfectly on 38's and hydro assist for 4 years now. Heim joints were a yearly change out.

Edited by GrandpaX

Heims don't live nearly as long as TREs, even if you run joints with grease zerks and Seals It washers to keep the crud out. Also, I've read all over the web that heim joints are illegal on the street in a whole bunch of states. That said, I've never checked so it could be more internet BS.

Well I guess I should have done some more research if everything you guys have experienced and saying is true about heims...lol

I am going with 7/8 Heims on crossover histeer...but I know I will Definenitly be putting them to the test....I'll let u know how they hold up.

The heims are only half the problem.. the bolts go straight through the knuckle without the taper... thus tend to get loose.

They should work fine... just keep you eyes on them.

BC Broncos makes these little gems... they tend to fix the loosening problem. However your arms are probably drilled for a bolt already.

HEIM%20STUD%20INSTALLED%20CUT%20WEB2.jpg

http://www.bcbroncos...inglinkage.html

Edited by GrandpaX