Front Wheel Bearing - service life/intervals?

rtm5003

Hello all,

A few months back, I tore into my recently-purchased 113k-mile-old Pathy and replaced the Front and Rear Springs/Shocks/Struts as well as completely new upper strut mount assemblies and whatnot. I'm absolutely loving the OME/KYB/Bilstein combo so far. I have zero complains with this setup.

Nevertheless, my front brakes are wobbling like crazy (and have been since I bought the truck,) so I've ordered up a set of OE replacement Brembo Rotors and Hawk LTS pads. While I'm at it, I'm going to swap out my drive flanges for Warn manual locking hubs as well, to reduce CV wear with the new lift.

My questions is:

Since I will have both the inner and outer wheel bearings off of the car, would it be wise to replace both of these bearing as well as their seals? Or can I get away with only replacing the seals and just repacking the bearings? All bearings are original with 114k miles as far as I know.

The cost of the bearings is insignificant compared to the time it'd take me to get to them... What do you experts think??

Thanks again!

If you want to replace the bearings, it makes sense to replace the races. Unfortunately, they can be stubborn or if you have bad aim with the hammer and punch, you can damage the hub itself.

I say run the old ones if the races look good.