1491 and 0325

vq35

just had a leak between firewall and engine - big $$ at dealership so took it to a local - they decided to tackle it from the top which meant they had to take off the the plenum top and bottom. I asked them to include spark plugs and pcv valve while down there and they did stop the coolant leak - pcv was not changed but cleaned and with aftermarket gaskets, they sealed it back up. the truck is throwing knock sensor and vacuum cut bypass valve codes and I dont know what to think - there is also the older intake timing sensor code which has had no affect on performance

symptoms are as follows

1 idle is fine but once underway, there is a hesitation and when the power comes on it is NOT smooth or as powerful as normal

2 it sounds like there is some sort of vacuum leak whenever you give it gas - you can actually hear it when in higher gears and depress the gas

since the vacuum cut bypass valve works directly to provide vacuum for the intake, could this be because they put in the wrong gasket or a faulty one??

also, I have yet to take it in for the recall for the related gas cap area - could this be related and triggered by this?

what do you think and has anyone experienced similar symptoms???

you guys have any related pix - thanks for any help

Edited by vq35

I have the same exact codes for about a year now. The 0325 is knock sensor, it doesn't affect us - I believe every pathfinder owner has this code? The 1491 is vcv bypass valve. I got a 3.3L with manual transmission. Truck's been fine, no loss of power as long as I'm aware. No hesitation or whatsoever... When I'm in 4th and 5th gear, I do get some "noise" between 3200 and 3500 rpm, then it goes away. It doesn't do that on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gear. I noticed this around the same time 1491 popped up last year. I'm not sure if its related. I normally shift between 3000 and 4000 rpm when the power kicks in.

Edited by dududuckling

The 0325 is knock sensor, it doesn't affect us - I believe every pathfinder owner has this code?

I fixed my p0325 code by replacing the knock sensor (in the proper location) and my engine's exhaust note changed noticeably, mileage improved, part throttle responsiveness improved, and the idle was smoother.