Compression Rod mounting

Yendor

To ease the angle of the compression rod on a lifted Pathfinder, has anyone bolted the compression rod to the top of the LCA instead of uder it? I will changing my compression rod bushings this weekend and I would like to know if its safe to do.

BOOOOO! I thought this was a thread with pictures of a woman mounting a Compression rod. I'm so disappointed. :blink::new576:

Although I recall others on here talking about it in the past I've not yet seen pictures or heard confirmation of it being done. Something about it though doesn't sit well with me. If you look at how the Compression rod sits on the underside of the LCA, it seems to me that the outside edge of the LCA may help soak up energy associated with shock. The rod sits right up against it partially and I can't help but think it helps in some way with bracing. If it were mounted from the top, it would have nothing on the sides and all forces would be through the bolts. Maybe I'm completely off base here, but its food for thought if nothing else. :shrug:

I'm with James on this one: Don't do it. The pivot point where the compression rod meets the chassis is directly in line with the bushing in the LCA. Note that when viewed from the side it's also very close to parallel with the torsion bar as well. If you put the compression rod on top the LCA will no longer be parallel to the T-bar and I'm guessing the splines that connect the T-bar to the LCA will die a quick, ugly death as a result of this misalignment. I do recommend flipping the compression rod bolts over, so the heads are down if this hasn't already been done.

I both of your gut's points, but my Tbars are cranked so the compression rod is at a more downward angle and putting more stress on the bushing. Putting the rod on top of the LCA would put it back to more of a stock angle.

I don't think I'll do it, but just wanted to see if anyone had done this before or if would work.