Fluid Quantities

BigDinAZ

I have a 1995 LE pathfinder 4x4. My question is how much gear oil does the 5 spd tranny take to refill, same for ATF in transfer case and again for the diff. I am going to do this change myself but would like to know how much gear oil and ATF to purchase. I am thinking of putting Amsoil in the drive train. Thanks to all in advance for your input.

Thanks for the link that was helpful. I did see the post previously but I also need the Transfer and Diff info. Does anyone know how much fluid the transfer case holds? Also how much does the Diff hold. I am asking because it is not in the manual and I am about to make an Amsoil order and do not want to get more than I need.

Thanks for the link that was helpful. Does anyone know how much fluid the transfer case holds? Also how much does the Diff hold. I am asking because it is not in the manual and I am about to make an Amsoil order and do not want to get more than I need.

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=28134&st=0

Interesting that that link is a pinned topic that's right below the "post new thread" button.

Thanks for the link that was helpful. Does anyone know how much fluid the transfer case holds? Also how much does the Diff hold. I am asking because it is not in the manual and I am about to make an Amsoil order and do not want to get more than I need.

It's all in Kingman's link. You likely have H33B rear and R200A front. The T-case quantity is listed there but not in the main section. It's 2.2 litres according my Haynes Manual. Make sure you get some additive for your rear diff if it's LSD.

It's all in Kingman's link. You likely have H33B rear and R200A front. The T-case quantity is listed there but not in the main section. It's 2.2 litres according my Haynes Manual. Make sure you get some additive for your rear diff if it's LSD.