How bad is this?

ferrariowner123

IMG_20120323_132706.jpg

Whilst attempting to clean off some caked on brake dust off my wheels with a pressure washer (with no luck, any suggestions?)

i noticed that my spring on the drivers side isn't really sitting on the strut as it should? now i have plans to get the suspension redone, but its a ways out, so i know its a fairly simple fix, but what are some of the side effects of running the rig like this?

Thanks

Kyle

Side note, are the top part of struts (pictured) is what everyone replaces when they change them out?

IMG_20120323_132713.jpg

Do i need to change them or can i just buy new bearings and move on?

Thanks again

Whoa! Some how your spring slid off of the lower spring perch of the strut. How the fskc did that happen? :shrug:

I would imagine that your Pathy has a slight lean on that corner. Does it not make all sorts of racket when you go over bumps in the road?

We pretty much replace the entire top assembly which includes the strut mount (visible) and bearing (small plastic piece that is not visible).

Whoa! Some how your spring slid off of the lower spring perch of the strut. How the fskc did that happen? :shrug:

I would imagine that your Pathy has a slight lean on that corner. Does it not make all sorts of racket when you go over bumps in the road?

We pretty much replace the entire top assembly which includes the strut mount (visible) and bearing (small plastic piece that is not visible).

IT MAKES A TON OF NOISE, when i turn, and expecialy over bumps, but the weird the part is it sounds like its coming from the passenger side? :scratchhead:

and as far as the lean goes, if it exists, i cant notice it.

and as for the replacement parts, i thought you only replaced that mount if it was rusted?

The top still looks aligned there. You might be able to compress the spring and get it back to the right spot at the bottom.

That's what i was thinking as well. But is it the end of the world to drive on it, i mean obviously its not good for any of the components in there.

Thanks for the replies.

-Kyle

... and as for the replacement parts, i thought you only replaced that mount if it was rusted?

Nissan recommends that these are replaced at the time the struts are replaced. Honestly, if you're going to have them off it is best to replace them while you're there. Kind of like changing out your water pump while you are replacing the timing belt.

You can get away with driving on that but not for very long obviously.

Alright, ill get to it soon.

Nissan recommends that these are replaced at the time the struts are replaced. Honestly, if you're going to have them off it is best to replace them while you're there. Kind of like changing out your water pump while you are replacing the timing belt.

That makes sense, just one of THOSE parts, lol.

Thanks for the help guys appreciate it!

-Kyle