AC Idler arm brace

joshellis

I'm pretty sure the answer is no. On US trucks the bolt patter is a mirror image on each side so not interchangeable. To be 100% sure look at your idler arm if the the 2 bolt side is toward the back of the truck you could use it. So looking at the idler the bolt pattern looks like this. Then yes.

X

X X

If its like this then no.

X

X X

An idler brace made for a LHD Pathy will not fit a RHD Pathy. Does somebody make idler braces in Australia? I would think these trucks are popular enough Down Under that somebody would offer them. If there isn't one currently available maybe Tex can whip up a batch? I could produce them but would need a RHD idler arm assembly to build a fixture... and shipping cost would be a deal breaker.

Cool thanks, I had guessed as much, silly question in hindsight of course. Will probably visit a local shop, otherwise keen to talk about having one fabbed up and shipped.

I love the D21 front end, very durable. Would just like to add a little extra strength to the steering.

This is the fairly simple setup:

7.50x16/31.7x10 MT

Manual hubs

Rough Country UCA

Reindex torsions

Stock front shocks

JGC rear

Rancho rear

Autolocker

No body lift

The engine is a different story - that warrants another thread altogether!

• 2 weeks later...

Whereabouts are ya? I can prolly whip something up for ya...they're pretty simple...

Cool thanks, I had guessed as much, silly question in hindsight of course. Will probably visit a local shop, otherwise keen to talk about having one fabbed up and shipped.

I love the D21 front end, very durable. Would just like to add a little extra strength to the steering.

This is the fairly simple setup:

7.50x16/31.7x10 MT

Manual hubs

Rough Country UCA

Reindex torsions

Stock front shocks

JGC rear

Rancho rear

Autolocker

No body lift

The engine is a different story - that warrants another thread altogether!