Should I be worried?

Trogdor636

So I picked up a PCV valve from my local O'reillys the other day, and figured I'd take a few minutes to put it in today. Old one comes out with a bit of a struggle (I'm assuming OEM) but nothing bad, then I start threading the new one in by hand. Put a wrench on it and snug it up. It seemed to have quite a few threads still showing, which I thought was odd because when I eyeballed it looked similar to the old one. I check the part number on the package, and get online and check the O'reillys site. Wrong part number. Thinking its not a big deal, I decide to take it back out. After looking closer, it has a few more threads on it than the old one. Looking on the manifold where it screws in, and sure enough, it started to tap itself into the manifold. So I quickly grabbed a magnet, and I think I was able to dig out most of the metal, but should I be worried long term? This is my only vehicle, so I'd like to think it should be fine, because I'd hate to have to dig into the manifold to deal with this when I have to drive to work in less than 12 hours. :thumbsdown:

Hmmm... Not sure. I know when I've stuck in my last two PCV's for two different cars, the original was screwed all the way in, while my replacement was super tight screwing it in like only half way. I could have likely kept going, but from what I understand, as long as it's snug, one doesn't have to screw it all the way?

Is that right folks?