DIY - Inner tie rod ends?

Timmons

That is the parts I'm saying to beef up!!! They are easy to change . there is a metal washer on the rack side that is bent over the nut.. I know there is a tool just for this job but I just always use a pipe wrench seems to work fine. Bad part is that you have to remove skid plate just to see the rack side. an example of my modified on and some bent stock ones

f1da1db6.jpg

Edited by PaMountianbiker

OUCH!! Good idea on welding up a larger tube on those. So it looks like you take the boot off which exposes the inner tie rod, then use a pipe wrench. Wow, thanks for sharing the DIY on this. I actually have some more welding to do this weekend on my rear sway bars and add some jeep removable sway bars in the rear. The ones i had welded up were too weak and they broke. Not going to happen this time LOL.

Do those inner tie rods go bad to where you get bump steer or vibrations during braking when coming to a stop? Rotors and pads replaced, tires and alignment done. Outer tie rods are golden. Ever since I installed the SFD, I'm getting this vibration through the steering wheen when coming to a stop. It's worse during a hard brake to a stop. All the struts were also torqued down.

grab them and try to wiggle them. you'll know it they are bad.

Ok, wiggled the heck out of them. Seem pretty stable. How do you check for ball joint damage? The only thing last on my list then going to the struts and strut tower bearings after that.