Ordering from 4x4parts.com have questions.

snow4me

Decided on my lift finally. I'm going with the AC lift springs from 4x4parts.com, as for the other parts, I am going to piece them together. From what I have been reading over the last few months has me believing that 4x4parts.com is charging way too much for the parts that you need to go along with this lift. With that said, where should I go for my camber bolts? Should I get 2 pair for this lift? Also, I like those Bilstein 5100 series rear shocks that are for the 2" lift but 4x4parts.com has their own part numbering system and won't tell me the equivalent bilstein part number. Does anybody know this number? I'm trying to save money where I can so I can get the NX4 spacers, struts and Nissan dealer only stuff and I don't really want to get bent over by 4x4parts.com. I appreciate all the help with these decisions so far. Also, I have no personal dealings as of yet with 4x4parts.com, just what I have read here.

Thanks!

Edited by snow4me

I'm just concerned that if I don't know what shock they are selling me, how will I replace it if they don't offer it or are out of business come time to replace it.

You don't NEED new shocks for the lift, it will work with factory spec rear shocks just fine. So unless you want the extra flex from longer travel shocks (after deleting the sway bar) what you pathy has now is what your pathy needs.

As for the camber bolts, I got mine from rockauto for about $12.00 apiece, mine were +or- 1.75 degrees adjustable and I got four. I was half expecting to break the stock camber bolts getting them out, so I chose to buy bolts to replace them all. Guess what!? All four stock camber bolts came out without fuss and four aftermarket camber bolts was way more adjustment than I needed. I still installed all four new camber bolts and kind of eyeballed the alignment putting it back together. Shop then did an alignment but they did not touch the camber, it was good!

Yea so don't loose sleep over the rear shocks, although I thought there was a part number chart of a bunch of compatible shocks around here somewhere...

I appreciate the in depth reply, thanks for typing all that! I would like to be able to flex as much as I can so I think I should probably go with the proper length shock. As far as alignment goes, I really don't know how it works and what bolts are available and why. I guess a guy like me is kinda stuck buying the unknown parts from 4x4parts but I wish I was smarter and could get a better deal elsewhere. I hate having to buy stuff twice. Thank for the help. Daryl

F#%k it! I bent over and took it like a man! Ordered the AC lift coils, 5100 series extended shocks and (2) sets of camber bolts from 4x4parts.com. $81 shipping, can you believe that? Got tired of all the thinking an worrying so I pulled the trigger. Whew! Glad that's over. Gotta order the struts, NX4 and nissan only stuff now. Thinking on using the 265/75/16 DuraTracs rather than the 285/75's for mabye a bit better mileage, less cutting and less hassle. Using my stock rims for now. Maybe I'll try the 33's ;-) Dunno.

Edit, just ordered the GR2's through amazon from Just Suspension. KYB 335031 $40 and KYB 335030 for$30, so $70 for the pair shipped free.

Let me know if I screwed up!

Edited by snow4me

No looks good, I wonder why the left and right struts were ten dollars different, mine were the same price, but I did pay like 60 bucks a piece for em from advance so it looks like you done good there. :aok:

No looks good, I wonder why the left and right struts were ten dollars different, mine were the same price, but I did pay like 60 bucks a piece for em from advance so it looks like you done good there. :aok:

Crazy huh? Looking forward to getting all the parts and laying them out on the workbench. It's funny, id of probably bought more stuff from 4x4parts if the prices and shipping weren't so hiked up. Sad.

gotta say .. i hate paying too much as well... when i needed those squeaky ass ranchos refunded after a month and replaced them with Bilstiens from 4x4 parts.. they couldnt do enough to help me and PROMPTLY refunded my money and sold me new shocks..kudos to mike for good service.. my .02 cents.. i also live locally and drove there!! :deadhorse:

gotta say .. i hate paying too much as well... when i needed those squeaky ass ranchos refunded after a month and replaced them with Bilstiens from 4x4 parts.. they couldnt do enough to help me and PROMPTLY refunded my money and sold me new shocks..kudos to mike for good service.. my .02 cents.. i also live locally and drove there!! :deadhorse:

I did call yesterday to confirm my order and make sure I purchased the right parts online that I was wanting. An older woman answered and was very helpful and said I made good choices in what I ordered and the stuff was in stock and would be shipped out yesterday or today. We'll see how the order looks when it comes in. Cool that you live right by there.

I want pics of the box your springs come in. Mine looked like a freight train ran over them ... twice!

No problem. Pretty bad when I am getting something I have wanted for a long time and have to expect the worst!

No problem. Pretty bad when I am getting something I have wanted for a long time and have to expect the worst!

The springs will be fine, if they are damaged in any way other than superficial scuffs and scratches then you would not want them in the first place. It's just when these boxes with heavy steel springs arrive, it's hilarious.

Got my lift from 4x4parts today, everything actually arrived in good condition. I suppose it should have for the price of the shipping! Should have the struts in a day or two and hopefully I can get the NX4 spacers ordered up this week. Still need to get the strut bearings and stuff from Nissan and get a set of ball joints. Does anybody know the Moog # with the zerk fittings? All I can find are non-greaseable, even in the Raybestos Pro. Gotta scrape up a little more dough, but it's coming together.