Z24 carburator.

TomasEs20

Hey guys! I am new here and I live in Costa Rica, i recently had to change the distribution system on my Z24 engine and had to rectify the engine block and changed all the valves for new ones, , and the engine has a carburetor too, :wtf: but it seems that the car is still lacking a like push if you know what i mean :happy: , so if you guys have any ideas or suggestions on how I can increase horsepower i would greatly appreciate it. I will post pictures of my car as soon as I can!

Thanks! :laugh:

You seem surprised that Z24s have carbs? Of course they do.

I'm selling some car parts and some guy called me to buy a carb for his Z24, he was telling me the EXACT same thing you typed.

Just curious, why did you have to replace your valves?

Maybe in a heavy Pathy, but these engines aren't really known for "feeling" weak.

Short of extreme measures such as a turbo or blower, you won't get very much additional power. You can do the go-to mods like performance exhaust, synthetic fluids all around, cold air intake.

On an engine with 106hp from the factory, you won't really be getting any huge gains.

You seem surprised that Z24s have carbs? Of course they do.

I'm selling some car parts and some guy called me to buy a carb for his Z24, he was telling me the EXACT same thing you typed.

Just curious, why did you have to replace your valves?

Maybe in a heavy Pathy, but these engines aren't really known for "feeling" weak.

Short of extreme measures such as a turbo or blower, you won't get very much additional power. You can do the go-to mods like performance exhaust, synthetic fluids all around, cold air intake.

On an engine with 106hp from the factory, you won't really be getting any huge gains.

well to be perfectly honest, the problem was that the distribution chain had one of its guide break, so that timing of the engine got messed up, that made the cylinders run off beat resulting in the valves getting all twisted and stuff, so the part that houses the valves needed to be rectified, plus it's currently running on a different carb than the original one, it's bigger but it still doesn't go that well, I was also curios as to if this engine type accepts a snorkel or am I just dreamin here :blond:

I was also curios as to if this engine type accepts a snorkel or am I just dreamin here :blond:

If your air cleaner is stock you could weld the piping to adapt or build a kind of box that bolts down as the air cleaner would and converts it accept a pipe something like this:

Link 1

or

Link 2

If your air cleaner is stock you could weld the piping to adapt or build a kind of box that bolts down as the air cleaner would and converts it accept a pipe something like this:

Link 1

or

Link 2

Awesome sauce!I will look into that and as soon as I have it up and running I will let you guys know! that just made my day

Awesome sauce!I will look into that and as soon as I have it up and running I will let you guys know! that just made my day

No worries just remember that you cant use that one unless your running that specific carburetor as the openings are different for each carburettor with the exception of a few. This should however get you on the right track of having a snorkel on a carby :D