Custom Cold Air

02silverpathy

Hi all,

bought all those things to make my 98 pathy a cold air hog...

crawled under, removed, pulled out, ...and learned something!

That big air box that is removed to make the new intake happen, holds a near critical and ingenious piece!!!

********start paying attention here!! :wacko: *************

on this big*** box it has what appears to be a goosneck that reaches back up to the inner fender that actually is the stock intakes end...this "goosneck" or arm shaped piece is pop-riveted on...drill it out, now crawl back under the truck with it and hold it up to your oem air box and hole in the subframe....TA DA, its near perfect! It will require some shaving to be the correct length for the under fog light location, but with a rubber coupler it will fit well and be flexible enough to put the stock shielding back up. It also still has the bung for the stock maf sensor!!

QUESTION.....all you guys that already have this or some sort working...how are you re-installing that plastic that you cut out? O---------r are you using something else to cover up for snow and mud?

thatnks, enjoy!!

:aok:

I cut a hole thru the plastic under the parking light, then one thru the air box and shoved an adapter piece from my leaf blower thru both holes(with screen attached at the end). I then attached a piece of gutter guard mesh in the opening at the front of the pipe. Looks NICE! If it gets too muddy, I can cover it up with the top from a spray paint can. I'll see if can get a picture of it. :aok: