97 Pathfinder LE remote start install

Hi all, so I moved to Fargo ND and am now installing a Avital 4103 remote start / keyless unit on my pathy. I know what I need to do for most of the wiring but am wondering if I need to install the arm/disarm factory alarm wires on the remote start? I think my factory keyless is just that and not an alarm. I can sit in the truck and lock the doors with the factory remote and then after around 30 sec I can start the truck and no alarm/horn.

I am just wanting to make sure how many relays I need to get ahead of time. I know I need on for the second starter wire and I may need a couple for the negative door locks

Thanks

James

NO you do not need to hook up the factory disarm. But I will say when you lock your doors make sure its with just your remote. If you lock it with the key or electric door switch then unlock with the remote it will set off your horn. Or it might even kick in your starter kill. But if your used to using a remote then it wont be a problem.

lock the doors with the remote, wait 30 seconds then open the door if the horn starts honking and lights flashing you have an alarm. Hook up arm/disarm if you want the factory alarm to work with the remote. that unit should have negative door lock outputs already no need for relays...almost all of your wires will be at the keyless/security module under the ds dash to the left of the steering wheel.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe so, the 2000's have a chip in the car and you need a box that a second key mounts in and then mounts under the dash to fool the car into thinking the key is in the ignition and the remote start will then work.