Need help with front fender height measurement.

wd21overland

I've search thru the forums and google but have yet to find the measurement i need.

Also i know that factory method of measuring stock ride height using the formula but would prefer what people have.

I just finished replacing my Torsion bar with new factory bars but for the life of me i can't find my ride height before i removed the bar i wrote down.

My question is can someone please tell me there front fender height to the ground with a 3" body lift and if you have a suspension lift how much and what size tire you have.

Also please state if you have fender flares as i do not.

Thank you.

Edited by wd21overland

I know you're looking for the measurements, but honestly it doesn't matter that much.

Just crank the bars up until the front end looks how you want it. Remember, even if someone goes give you the measurements, it's not exact. You have to crank up your bars to that measurement, then you have to drive the truck and let them settle for a few hours, then you have to measure and repeat.

Some people crank their bars up for a certain look they like, or to fit bigger times. Some lowrid-- I mean, people crank them waaayy down to lower their truck. Just crank them up until it looks level with the rear, or until you like it.

I highly recommend you measure from the ground to the center of the body crease, it is easy and one thing that won't change from truck to truck. Some have fender flares, some don't, some have trimmed them, some have warped, etc. You get it...

That said, let me go find that measurement for you.

B

Oh, the way I measure height is to the center (deepest part) of the longitudinal body crease above the wheel wells. My Pathy stands at a reasonable 39.5" in front and 40.5 in the rear.

This is with a 2" suspension lift, 2" body lift and 31" tires.

In case you need a visual...

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=24287&view=findpost&p=443011

Edited by Precise1

The right way is to climb under the truck and measure from the ground to the bolt on the LCA that connects it to the frame (the pivot point). Then move down the LCA measure from the ground to the piece of metal that juts out for the turning stop (or any reference point toward the wheel). Subtract the first measurement from the second and make each side the same. Be sure to "settle" the suspension after any adjustment. I would back up down the driveway and pop the clutch a few times to hop the front end up and down. A few times doing this would work fine.

Doing it that way will eliminate unequal tire inflation, body panel sags, uneven tire wear, etc. from skewing your adjustment.

Remember that a few turns of the adjustment bolt makes a big difference on the other end.

Good luck.

The right way is to climb under the truck and measure from the ground to the bolt on the LCA that connects it to the frame (the pivot point). Then move down the LCA measure from the ground to the piece of metal that juts out for the turning stop (or any reference point toward the wheel). Subtract the first measurement from the second and make each side the same. Be sure to "settle" the suspension after any adjustment. I would back up down the driveway and pop the clutch a few times to hop the front end up and down. A few times doing this would work fine.

Doing it that way will eliminate unequal tire inflation, body panel sags, uneven tire wear, etc. from skewing your adjustment.

Remember that a few turns of the adjustment bolt makes a big difference on the other end.

Good luck.

Thanks everyone for the help i found my problem.

I did the factory measurment that you said but the Left front fender was still 1/2 lower then the Right Front but i figured out why.

I did it the fender crease way and got

42 in left front

42 1/2 Right front

44 left rear

44 right rear

Which doesnt make any since

so i did the center of the hub to bottom of the fender and got 22 in both left front and right front wtf lol.

well since the factory way and the center of hub to fender both take out the tire in the measurment i took alook at my tires and found my problem.

I replaced the bars last week and set them up perfect.

Well on Saturday i got brand new 285/75R16 d load rated tires all set to 32 psi.

I went back out today after the measurment and found that my Left front tire is E LOAD Rated where as the other 3 are the D load rating.

My ground to top of tire is 1/2 short on the e load rating tire which is why my measurments is of so looks like i need to go back to the store tomorrow to get them to replace the e load rated tire lol i thought that tire look like it was low on air when they were all 32 psi lol.

Thanks everyone for the help.