Need some R50 help with headlight assembly

1994SEV6

I've been working on my truck these past few days, and this guy who lives a building over sometimes sees me and comes over. He is hispanic and doesn't have the best english. I actually have no idea how well he speaks english because he says "yes" to almost everything I say. He told me some cool stories actually. He's from Guatemala and he owns 2 D21s, a WD21, and a 94 Toyota truck back in Guatemala. I'm pretty jealous. He was telling me stuff about D21s that I didn't even know and that I've never even heard about.

Anyway. Over here in the US, he drives a R50. It's actually a really nice little thing. He told me that his brother or someone had a slight accident and broke the holder for the headlight. The headlight itself is perfect, but it is not secured properly. I looked the best I could, and it looks like there are 2 screws on the top that kind of 'pop' into a little plastic clip. The screws have a bulge at the head that slides into the clip and the bulge expands the clip a little bit and secures the headlight.

One of the screws was fastened properly, but one of the screws had slid out of the clip. I put it back in properly, and the headlight was still loosely secured. He was telling me that there is a third, and possibly a fourth, screw on the bottom. And he says those clips are broken or something?

The turn signal light is also loosely secured. It looks like the turn signal has this rubber trim inside of it that comes out to make the grille trim. It almost seemed like the pinching of the rubber into the body was securing the blinker, but there must be a screw.

ANYWAYS.. what I'm asking for help on is a diagram or a really good explanation. I can't find one in the FSM. The FSM only shows two short pages about the grille removal and it doesn't talk about the headlights at all. I want to get a picture of the bracket system for this guy and possibly a part number.

He wants to go to the junkyard, but I don't think he knows how to get the grille off since Nissan stuff is always a little tricky. There is always some mechanism that you can't see and you end up braking it.

He was also showing me some other minor problems too. His clutch pedal was squeaky so I told him to shove some multi-purpose grease up there.

Another problem he showed me was a slight rear end moaning I think. I don't even remember clearly anymore.

He put it in first gear and slowly accelerated up this hill where I live. There is a speed bump which he used to show me the noise. He went about 2mph over the bump and I could hear it. Then he let the truck go back down the hill a little bit and did it again. I could hear it again. But then he went over the speed bump to turn around and go back to where he parked, but the noise didn't present itself again. He was going a little faster, but only 5-8mph?

Any idea what this could be? I was kind of thinking low rear diff fluid?

What year R50 is this? Is it a Pathfinder or a QX4?

The turn signal assembly is secured by a couple clips (at least on post-facelift R50s, 99.5 and newer), the whole assembly just pops in and is secured by those clips and one screw at the top. I'm not familiar with how the headlight is secured so I have no idea.

Tell him to grease his driveshaft(s) and check (or maybe change it, it's like $25 for 3qts of M1 75W-90 @ AAP as you know) the rear diff fluid level.

The multi-purpose grease for the clutch pedal will probably solve the squeak. The FSM specs lithium-based grease with molybdenum disulphide. SuperTech grease w/ moly from Wal-Mart should work fine.