need to tidy my boot up

wayneoR3M

well guys as the topic says ...... ive got a heavy duty trolly jack ,tow rope, socket set(soon to be upgraded with basic spanners and screwdrivers etc) so may well be a cantilever toolbox and also a tyre pump to install......

was thinking about removing the left and right hand speaker pods to gain the extra 6 inches either side about the wheel wells. then mounting the jack on the LHS..... ( were RHD over here) aswell as the tyre pump.... basically tidy it up . and then see if i can find the mounts for the speakers that are in the roof console with some nice 6x9s in it ... also does anybody know what size the front speakers are befpre i start tearing apart ........ any picture of your set up wud be much aprreciated ....... cheers guys n gals

wayneo

well guys as the topic says ...... ive got a heavy duty trolly jack ,tow rope, socket set(soon to be upgraded with basic spanners and screwdrivers etc) so may well be a cantilever toolbox and also a tyre pump to install......

was thinking about removing the left and right hand speaker pods to gain the extra 6 inches either side about the wheel wells. then mounting the jack on the LHS..... ( were RHD over here) aswell as the tyre pump.... basically tidy it up . and then see if i can find the mounts for the speakers that are in the roof console with some nice 6x9s in it ... also does anybody know what size the front speakers are befpre i start tearing apart ........ any picture of your set up wud be much aprreciated ....... cheers guys n gals

wayneo

Not sure about the frt speaker size, but I did a write up and the rear speaker install

post 1111

since you have a 4 door you shouldn't have any problems with the headliner. if you have any ?s just ask I'm usually here at least once a day

cheers bud will do....... so has no one got any pics of there set up then ??

Go back to my first post and click on post 1111

it will take you to the what did you do for your pathfinder to day scroll down to post 1103 and post 1111 has pics

edit to add

Remember the speakers went in an 88 pathy that's why I had the difference with the headliner, when you get the speaker assembly get the headliner also it should fit right in your 91

Edited by vagabond

Have you thought of making a false floor? One way would be to cut some MDF or other dense lumber into compartments between the wheel humps and then make a few long MDF covers that slide into place from the rear or maybe fasten with wing nuts or something. That way you're not takiing up "floor space" stowing the gear and it would be secure from rolling around and hidden from the baddies.

Have you thought of making a false floor? One way would be to cut some MDF or other dense lumber into compartments between the wheel humps and then make a few long MDF covers that slide into place from the rear or maybe fasten with wing nuts or something. That way you're not takiing up "floor space" stowing the gear and it would be secure from rolling around and hidden from the baddies.

good point . will have to give that one some thought over a few cold ones . cheers bud