Plans

Guest RWRP

I'm probably going to get a trailer hitch first, please recommend one. I will only be using it for camping gear and emergency towing.

Can I put manual hubs on my vehicle, 96 Pathy LE. What are the benefits?

What brush guard do you recommend?

I have a class III Hidden Hitch (which isn't so hidden) and it works well. Uhaul has some nice ones also, though they are just another brand (draw-tite?) rebadged w/uhaul stickers. You can put manual hubs on your LE, search a bit for more info, there have been some recent threads on the subject. I have a Manik brush guard on mine, I like it. I would recommend that you go for a one-piece design, as opposed to modular, but it's all personal preference w/grille guards. B)

I've got a factory Nissan hitch, and it does just fine. I can't imagine there are too many differences between brands of hitches, so I'd just say go for the best price as long as its a class III. As for a brushguard, I just bought a UB brushguard a couple weeks ago, and its been great. It is modular design which won't be as strong as a one-piece as Johnson said, but it was MUCH easier on the wallet. After shipping, I only paid about 250 for it. Anyway, good luck in your search

I got a Nissan hitch which I took from my dad's PF. It's pretty nice, and step up on the back is a plus. If you get one, I would go with the factory hitch, becuase it looks good on the car and there is not a big gap betwen the bumper and hitch it's self. It will probably cost you a little more to go with the Nissan hitch, I thing it runs about $250.00 plus Nissan might charge you an other $150.00 to install it. I would try to install it you self to save some $$$$, just be sure to put the bolts at factory spec.

From what I've seen, my hidden hitch doesn't look like the factory Nissan hitches. However, they could have made a different model for Nissan to use as OEM. I thought I read that Draw-tite makes the OEM hitches, but I could also be wrong. :shrug:

Maybe they only make the Xterra hitches?? I know they are the same... I've never compared the Pathy hitch - I have the 1.5" (? or 1.25?? the small square one) hitch from Nissan... would like to upgrade to a class III, but I havent looked into it yet.