Sunroof and Window Lube

Trialsin26

My sunroof rails are looking a little dry and I would like to relube them. Any suggestions on what to use? Also my drivers side window is a little slow when rolling up. I took it to the Nissan once and the lubed something and it worked alot better. Any idea on what kind of lube to use and where on the windows?

Sillicon lube will not ruin the rubber seals. Do not use a petrollium based lube because it will deteriorate the rubber from the seals over time. You can get it in a spray for which isn't to thick.

• 3 weeks later...

If you are referring to the metal rails that slide the sunroof, I suggest using white lithium grease. Great for anything metallic/plastic and squeeking. It lasts a long time and is heat resistant. Do not apply to rubber trim. Use silicon spray for that.

I ended up using a silicon spray on my sunroof after cleaning the rails and it seems to work pretty well. I tried to lube that driver’s side window but could not find a good point without taking the door panel off. It's pretty cold now and I'm not rolling with my windows down so I thing I'll wait to my next oil change to explore it. :wacko: