shocks for SFD

pathyboy12

Didnt really know which shocks to go with when i do my sfd.... but i read about using rwd f-250 schocks? and was just wondering if anyone had the specs for them?

also found this if anyones interested...My link

i have there 5100 series on now and love em

If you spend some time searching I'm quite sure at least a few SFD threads have examples of what you can use.

Here is what I used to compliment my 6" rear lift:

• Ford F-250 ProComp ES9000 (Part #929500) about 29.5" ext and 17.5" comp

I've wheeled them pretty hard on occassion and they are holding up well.

Yep, There are many options just got to find one you like.

I am using Bilstein 5160 11" travel 255/75 valving. Great shocks so far, nice to have the reservoir when going fast in the desert.

015.jpg

Yep, There are many options just got to find one you like.

I am using Bilstein 5160 11" travel 255/75 valving. Great shocks so far, nice to have the reservoir when going fast in the desert.

Did you have to do any modification to fit those shocks, or does it just bolt right up as is? Are those shocks originally for the 2WD f-250 / f-350's (what year, if so?)

Did you have to do any modification to fit those shocks, or does it just bolt right up as is? Are those shocks originally for the 2WD f-250 / f-350's (what year, if so?)

They were not for any specific vehicle, I just ordered the right valving and travel. They fit pretty well actually, I used the right steel bushing on top (5/8 I believe) and no bushing on the bottom the rubber fit on the shock mount perfectly.

The shocks worked fine like that but I noticed that I was not using all the upward travel on them so I had the shock mounts cut and moved up 2in so that I am utilizing more of the shocks travel up and down. If you want I will post a pick latter.

On a pathfinder with no SFD they would have been perfect without moving the shock mounts, they have 11" of travel which is 3" more than stock but the reservoir makes the shock body shorter so you would still have all the up travel you need.

Edited by DanAK