Steering issue!

Desertrat55

Gidday all,

Have a question for any one that may have had the same problem.

Since having the lift kit installed I have not been able to do any REAL OFF roading due to DRAKLINK AND TIERODS flogging out over short distances. Have changed LOWER BALL JOINTS, TIE ROD ENDS AND THREE TIMES, THE DRAG LINK. Over the two year build I have had no fewer than 24 wheel alignments done, many retries without luck. Any one with ideas! Everything in straight and have had engineer to check the chassis rails and everything is very much new. No second hand parts and quality parts used!

This time out the Draglink has lasted 300 kilometers and needs changing already. If I cannot find a fix for it you are all invited to e Terry Burn down Under.

Cheers

Desertrat55

If I understand correctly, this is a known issue of the drag link (center link here in NA) failing. It rotates under load, ovaling the tie rod end holes and twisting the same. There are several fixes from SAS, grassroots4x4 rebuild, twist stop brackets and slow down... :shrug:

Which one would you like a link to??

B

If I understand correctly, this is a known issue of the drag link (center link here in NA) failing. It rotates under load, ovaling the tie rod end holes and twisting the same. There are several fixes from SAS, grassroots4x4 rebuild, twist stop brackets and slow down... :shrug:

Which one would you like a link to??

B

Grassroots 4x4 and stop brackets would be a good start.

Cheers