not the same ol' shimmy

LINDERS

Why don't I replace them myself and save the $$? I promised myself that when I got this car I wouldn't work on my cars anymore. I'm getting too old for that kind of labor plus I get funny looks from my neighbors (being a girl and all) and in the end the money is worth the saved labor, pain and frustration I’d experience:-)

I am going to get the struts replaced- after I call the dealer and ask them about the lifetime warranty thing (see below) I'll let ya'll know if it fixes it. btw: my tires are in perfect condition. Nice wear pattern and not too worn.

"sooo if Nissan makes lifetime struts why weren't they on there in the first place could've saved this poor college student some serious coin.... " OHHHH!! I can't wait to ask my dealer about this one. They're bastards here and any chance I get to give them a hard time always makes me feel better :-) They're the kind of dealer ship that when I took my car there they would tell me this or that needed to be replaced and tell me that it was done poorly last time ...and my response was, and it was true at the time, "well, I had it done here so if it was done poorly you did it poorly and here's the receipt and you should fix it" that usually shut them up. Then there's the time they told me I needed new brakes and I asked them if they stood behind their parts and workmanship because I had them done here at the dealer less than 30k mi ago and with my style of driving there must be some defect in the product because I can't imagine they would be worn already. Go figure -over a year later I actually needed brakes...hmmm

vengeful: check your tire balance.

I haven't done anything to the vehicle for a week now. I'm dealing with it until the week before Xmas. I have the whole week off and will take it in then. :-)

Here's a thought.

Before shelling out cash for the struts why don't you find a shop with a "vibrator",

They can test the shocks and determine what % of life is left in them.

While the car is on the vibrator have a look underneath you might be able to see if all the joints and bushings are OK.

what a cool idea. I had no idea such an item existed. well- at least in the autoworld. How would i go about finding out who has one? You know, without calling every garage in a 50 mile radius and asking.

LINDERS,

Where I used to live (over in Europe), every tyre&shock place had the vibrators as well as all the places that did vehicle inspections. It was done as part of your anual check up.

Now that I'm here in the US(and loving it) I have yet to see any shop with the vibrators but I'm sure they are out there. Call the major tyre chains or maybe even shock distrybutors.

If you ask me, all these shops should have them to properly diagnose problems and save us, the customer money on useless repairs.

I used the name "vibrator" because that's what we used to call them, they shake the poop out of each wheel but I'm sure they have a technical name. One that doesn't make you think of sport&recreation equipment. sssh