Combination lamp aiming & condensation build up

Towncivilian

The driver's side front combination lamp housing aiming seems to be off. See picture:

th_IMG_20110910_193737.jpg

Which side is correct? The passenger side has a new bulb in it. I don't see a way to adjust aiming. I know it hardly matters, but it irks me. :scratchhead:

Also, today I noticed the front driver's side combination lamp housing has what seems to me an excessive amount of condensation build up. The passenger side was free of condensation, as were the headlights. Does this look normal?

th_IMG_20110917_161928.jpg

Edited by Towncivilian

The up-down aim is adjusted by turning the bolt on the back of the headlamp assembly. You need a small box wrench to get to it (forget the size offhand). I haven't figured out a way to adjust side-to-side, if there is one.

Also, today I noticed the front driver's side combination lamp housing has what seems to me an excessive amount of condensation build up. The passenger side was free of condensation, as were the headlights. Does this look normal?

th_IMG_20110917_161928.jpg

Mine use to do that too. Same side and everything, but mine was probably caused cuz it had a hairline crack in it. Maybe check for cracks :scratchhead: I just took a blow dryer to dry it out and put some silicone on the crack...no problems so far and that was a year ago...

Edited by Phantom01Pathfinder

There is a hairline crack in that housing, you can see it at the top corner of the orange siding, it looks like scratches. I am only able to feel it with my nail so I wasn't sure what to make of it. A Nissan OEM part is $63 - f that. Various manufacturer brands are less than $10 on RockAuto. The TYC brand one looks correct, as the plastic or whatever surrounding the assembly is black as mine is - others seem unpainted from the extremely grainy pictures. But first I'll try to leak test the assembly by removing the bulbs, filling it with water and applying silicone wherever there may be a leak.

So the main headlamp aiming screw also controls the combination lamp? Makes sense - I'll have to try to aim them against my garage door or some wall at some point.

Edited by Towncivilian

• 3 weeks later...

I bought a new housing; the old one was cracked and let water in, and the parking filament on the bulb had failed, so I figured I might as well replace the damn thing to avoid eating bulbs. It came with a bulb and socket too. Looks like it's aimed better, but the pattern and color isn't the same as OEM... but whatever, good enough for me for only $17 shipped vs. $64 or whatever the OEM part is.

th_IMG_20111005_192657.jpg