2 " lift- cv boot

MAXPATH

Hi guys, i have been getting some mixed information regarding lift and its downsides. Iam interested in 2" lift but heard that it causes premature failure of the cv joint due to the angle of axle after the lift which starts to shred the cv boots.How common is this with a 2" of lift. Is there any way around it apart from manual locking hubs. Iam here in Toronto and the winter can be brutal at times and i like the fact of the pathfinder that you can activate the 4x4 from inside on those snowy days than stepping outside to lock the hubs.

thanks.

Hi guys, i have been getting some mixed information regarding lift and its downsides. Iam interested in 2" lift but heard that it causes premature failure of the cv joint due to the angle of axle after the lift which starts to shred the cv boots.How common is this with a 2" of lift. Is there any way around it apart from manual locking hubs. Iam here in Toronto and the winter can be brutal at times and i like the fact of the pathfinder that you can activate the 4x4 from inside on those snowy days than stepping outside to lock the hubs.

thanks.

You can basically still do that with manual hubs, just lock them for the winter. This cuts down on CV wear by half (unlocked half the year).

i run with mine unlocked the majority of the time. lock them every once in a while and when on the trail. my factory boots ripped within weeks of installing the lift. I upgraded to Rockford Constant Velocity boots and they've held up so far...(fingers crossed!) :)

Edited by Phantom01Pathfinder

I live in the greater Denver area running lifted now for 4 years and I don't run with manual hubs. In that time I have replaced 1 CV axle for a torn boot and that was about 6 months ago.

I never tell someone to NOT get the manual locking hubs, but want people to know that there may be other factors that contribute to premature failure (weather variations, driving conditions, types of trails run...)

Just my :my2cents: not trying to sway you one way or another...