Some questions

PerlNinja

Hola folks, in case you hadn't seen my introduction yet, I own a locally (Indonesia) assembled 2002 WD21 Pathfinder that has a few oddities to it that I hoped someone could shed some light on. The most quirky thing is this: there's a toggle switch on the dashboard that isn't standard. It's ground is wired up on one side to the brake pedal stop (i.e. if you push the brake pedal down apparently the circuit is broken), and the other side disappears alongside the wiring harness into the engine bay. Anyone have the foggiest clue what this might be for? I've tried to figure out where the heck it went but as is often the case down here, most wiring jobs are done using copious amounts of duct tape, so I've not managed to find anything yet.

The effects of this toggle switch are also a bit strange; if it's in it's "on" position, it seems the engine has more "oomph", it'll rev higher, and seems to deliver more power. A bit odd since it's a carbed Z24 in there, so hoping someone can solve this mystery :D

Well to start out when you turn the switch on and off does it change anything in the transmission.

Like does the rpm's go up when you switch it.

I know when you press the brake pedal the torque converter disengages but so not sure if the wire is the fix a broken connection there or not.