Power loss and SES light.

Having some problems with the 03' 3.5 R50, and wondering if anyone else has had similar issues.

First, the vehicle will stall when the engine is warm. This has been happening for 6-7 months, and was worse before I cleaned the MAF.

I haven't had any problems since last year/ earlier this year but last night I watched the tachometer jump up and down after I hit the gas. There was a corrosponding power loss, but no stall or light. Today, I tried revving the engine when it was cold, while driving, same thing happened, now with the Service Engine Soon light on solid. The Pathy does this when cold or warm, up or down hill, I'll be getting the codes later today. Any thoughts?

most probably MAF... they all (01-04) eventually fail... the symptoms are pretty much it... search for the maxima maf hack that will save you a couple of hundreds...

S.

It's not the MAF, it's the swirl valve control solonoid. P1130. fffffffffffff.....

I greatly doubt a defective swirl valve solenoid will cause the issues you're having... hopefully others will chime in...

It's the only code coming up. Also, that solenoid controls the swirl valve specifically between 2400 and 2800 rpm's. That's exactly when the tach starts jumping and I start losing power.