Grease driveshaft

accurrate1

So I was try to greasing the main & front driveshaft today, I can only found the nipple on front driveshaft but not the main :scratchhead: ? Can you help me to locate the nipple on the main driveshaft? My is 02 LE.

The grease fitting rotates with the driveshaft so you may need to move the vehicle a few feet to get it pointing at an angle where you can grease it. I've only had one instance where it was facing upwards and was ungreaseable in that position so far, I guess I'm lucky.

th_IMG_0895.jpg

I just checked the FSM, looks like my 02 LE 4x4 has only one grease fitting (one on the front driveshaft non rear driveshaft) but why? can someone confirm this?

Thanks Towncivilian for quick response.

Edited by accurrate1

I just checked the FSM, looks like my 02 LE 4x4 has only one grease fitting (one on the front driveshaft non rear driveshaft) but why? can someone confirm this?

Thanks Towncivilian for quick response.

confirmed !

Thanks!

The reason I try to grease the driveshaft is recently I stated to hear clunking noise from under/rear of the truck when I shift in to reverse gear, also when I step on/let go the gas peddle I can hear a little clunking noise too. Hope is not the U joint starting to go bad... My truck has only 60k miles so far...

the clunk you are talking about is more probably related to your rear links (the arms that hold the differential to the body/frame) . The bushings must be torn or worst... Do you feel your truck also changing direction a bit when you press hard on the gas or release the gas...? this is another symptom of worn links bushings...

I did changed the upper & lower bushings (from 4x4parts splits poly bushings) on my rear links and new KYB Gas-a-just shocks after I went back to dealer for strut mounts recall checkup few weeks ago, the service manger quoted me $1,100 to replace 4 arms :crazy: !!! I said "NO THANKS" and left.

My front strut mounts has no rust at all!!! They did spared anti-rust on it after inspected.

Edited by accurrate1