zach

hello everyone im a new member here and also new to pathfinders. I have an 88 with a v6 i swapped the fuel injection over to a throttle body and its having a little bit of problems. when i push the gas it stalls and then finally catches back up and revs really high. I got this pathy from my uncle and it didnt run at the time cause the motor was locked up and just recently got her runnin. i had to reset the torsion bars because they was all the way down and there is a popping noise in my front end now. if anybody has any answers or sum advice it would be much appreciated. thanks.

WELCOME TO NPORA!! PICS !!

The 88 should have came with throttle body injection, what do you mean you swapped out the FI for TB? When do you hear the popping noise? If it is when you turn the wheel all the way to either side while going up an incline (driveway for example) than all it is is the steering stops on the lower control arm rubbing against the metal, Nissan came out with plastic covers that went over the bolt heads after 87 yours may not have them or they are worn, to eliminate the noise just put some wheel bearing grease on the bolt heads.

If the popping noise is not what I described please give up more info on when you hear it.

ok so the engine came from a 90 model hardbody and it was fuel injected. the popping noise happens when im moving kinda slow on flat ground.

welcome to the forums! WAVEY

you may want to post your questions in the forum for vehicle year specifics as most folks who post (like me) in greeting newcomers do not check back in.

look around for the forums, they may have already answered your questions in another topic :)