It was a LONG trip from NH to TX and I am finally getting settled in.

So it was a VERY LONG trip down from NH to TX, almost 2,000 miles; and there were some bumps in the road... So to start off I did all the work to my new flatbed trailer like new lights, wired the electric brakes up, new class G mobile home tires for the mobile home axle (which this trailer is a "dead axle" so the axle is welded to the frame), wheel bearings. Then the passenger side fender came un welded because this trailer does not like to be towed empty, so I had it welded on before we left, and bought some chain and binders to go along with my 10k ratchet straps. We leave MA and head into CT and the hills started to get bigger as we went through the mountains and put my brakes to the test in my chevy, by the time we got into PA I had a 1/8th tank of gas and the next exit with gas was the last for 30 miles so I had to take it, it was at the bottom of a very steep inclined hill and the exit was liek a "S" turn and I had to use the transmission to slow the truck down the hill and smoked the brakes stopping it at the bottom of the ramp; then we had to pull over because the pedal hit the floor. We let them cool down and got back on the freeway and hit a huge pothole and the driver side fender came unwelded so we pulled over for the night at a hotel. Went to a awesome welding shop in the middle of PA some where and they hooked us up and welded everything for $40. Then when we got into VA we lost power because my battery's were dry so we put some bottled water in them. And by the time we got to Houston we stopped to get gas and noticed my trailer plate was missing so we drove the rest of the way home without a plate and good registration and didn't get pulled over once the whole trip. Also I went wheeling for the first time today and found about 75 acres+- around the San Jacinto river with endless amounts of trails and class VI roads.