oil pressure sending unit connection

jose93

so i just droped my engine back in to my 93, oil pressure light came on after driving it for a while. i look under the hood and see that there is nothing connected to the sending unit. i had some other people helpin me out on it, so i dont remeber where the connection came from. I can't find a loose wire anywhere, just don't get it. can anyone help me out and give me a better idea of where it should be coming from, the harness? the chassis?

Edited by jose93

thanks, I'll check that out, so if its cut somewhere and not hooked up to the sensor, maybye its grounding out somnewhere and thats why the lights coming on?

Edited by jose93

The light will come on when the sending unit is unplugged, it is an open circuit. No resistance or "feedback" from the sending unit will trip the light. Plug it in and the light will shut off.

If it's been cut or sheered off somehow, you may have to pull apart the starter harness and find the wire further back then extend it with a new plug. Pretty simple, really. :aok:

Edited by Kingman

The light will come on when the sending unit is unplugged, it is an open circuit. No resistance or "feedback" from the sending unit will trip the light. Plug it in and the light will shut off.

If it's been cut or sheered off somehow, you may have to pull apart the starter harness and find the wire further back then extend it with a new plug. Pretty simple, really. :aok:

I don't think this is true. My understanding is that the sender shorts out with no pressure. This connects the wire to the block (ground) and the light comes on. If you unplug the wire, the light is off, unless the wire accidentally contacts a ground nearby (pretty much anything). I don't think this is a good design, but...

Also, the wire may be in an orange/red boot thing.

Edited by sewebster