Upgrading to newer r50

okay so im closing a deal on a 01 r50 and i was wondering what you guys think about if i were to take my 97 tailgate door and tire carrier and switched it onto my newer soon to be 01 pathfinder?

i know what has to be done in order to do the project, but ive been looking around and im starting to like it without the tire carrier, hopefully i can close this deal by wed then i can do my mods on the 01 instead of the 97, if anyone is interested in my 97 its up for sale by wed, roughly 196km 5speed tranny pretty good shape.

What fukinitup means is that the quarter on the '97 was reinforced to support the weight of the tire. The '01 wouldn't so it would over time warp the sheet metal.

having personally gone through adding a factory carrier to a non equipped shell (yes I understand wd21 is NOT a r50, but same concept) using bracing out of junk yard doners, I would hunt down a kit specifically designed for doing so (I believe AC makes one for wd21s, might be worth looking them up to see if they make a r50 kit as well). I would personally go with a overkilled homemade setup though over a stock one if you want a carrier on your new one, pending the deal goes through... I just like some of the designs people come up with that seem to function well and get tied into some nice armor...