Door lock/Dome light issue

Pathy415

OK so my drivers door lock won't lock/unlock with the remote but I can still do it manually with the key or by hand(flipping the open/lock switch right next to the handle). In addition, the dome light doesn't turn on when I hit the unlock button on the remote but I can still turn it on manually with the switch from the inside or if I open a door it will turn on.

I have the exact same(lock/unlock) issue with the rear passenger door on the drivers side but I bought the car with that existing issue. The issue I mentioned above just happened like a day ago.

Anyone have any thought to what it might be?

Thanks!!

Dose the remote do anything at all? :scratchhead:

I mean, from what you are saying it sounds like the remote works, but not everything responds to it, but other things do. That's very strange.

I would have said it might be the door lock solenoid, but if you can lock/unlock the door with the button inside then that's out. And the dome light raises further questions.

Now that I think about it, my best guess would be the module that the keyfob talks to, or perhaps the connections from this equipment to the lock solenoids and dome light.

I'm not quite sure how that's all laid out but it seems like your vehicle is not getting this "signal" to the devices which are fully functional.

Can you lock/unlock the doors with the driver side switches or is this just with the remote?

Dose the remote do anything at all? :scratchhead:

I mean, from what you are saying it sounds like the remote works, but not everything responds to it, but other things do. That's very strange.

I would have said it might be the door lock solenoid, but if you can lock/unlock the door with the button inside then that's out. And the dome light raises further questions.

Now that I think about it, my best guess would be the module that the keyfob talks to, or perhaps the connections from this equipment to the lock solenoids and dome light.

I'm not quite sure how that's all laid out but it seems like your vehicle is not getting this "signal" to the devices which are fully functional.

I can't unlock the doors(drivers side) with neither the driver side master switch nor the remote. If it was one or the other I could narrow things down a bit but unfortunately it's neither.

When you say door lock solenoid that's the same as actuator right? The dome light works fine if I open the door manually, it will light up or if I'm in the car and flip the dome light switch it will go on.

I think the keyfob is fine since it will unlock the trunk, and the two passenger side doors on the left( if you're facing the car). I'm thinking it may be the wiring or both solenoids are out?

I can't unlock the doors(drivers side) with neither the driver side master switch nor the remote. If it was one or the other I could narrow things down a bit but unfortunately it's neither.

When you say door lock solenoid that's the same as actuator right? The dome light works fine if I open the door manually, it will light up or if I'm in the car and flip the dome light switch it will go on.

I think the keyfob is fine since it will unlock the trunk, and the two passenger side doors on the left( if you're facing the car). I'm thinking it may be the wiring or both solenoids are out?

Ah ok, you can't unlock the door with the switch inside, just the key or the handle. So, no power lock on that door. Actuator might be a better term for the device, but it sounds like it's not working.

I think it's a tossup between wiring or the actuator being bad, could be either one and both are just as likely.

As far as the dome light issue, just worry about the locking/unlocking problem for now. I think when you have that problem solved, the dome light will start behaving normal again. I have a sneaking suspicion that it's function is tied into the power lock actuators as well as the door closed/open switch. So it's not coming on when you unlock the car with the keyfob because the actuators are not working.