tach not workn right

pollard

my 1995 pathy tach reads about 1500rpm more than what it should any sugestions? it suptters a litte bit and is a little weak. would a tune up and fix the problem with the sputtering? going to have to replace the gauge cluster bc th gas gauge doesnt work right?

my 1995 pathy tach reads about 1500rpm more than what it should any sugestions? it suptters a litte bit and is a little weak. would a tune up and fix the problem with the sputtering? going to have to replace the gauge cluster bc th gas gauge doesnt work right?

The 94-95 pathfinders are known for having gauge problems. That being said, My 92's tach only works part of the time, I have asked people and a lot of people have said to take of the instrument cluster and make sure that you have and good connections, As far as the fuel gauge, this is another thing that a lot of pathfinders have problems with ( mine only reads 3/4 on a full tank or dosen't read at all). There is a voltage regulator that goes bad and this is often the problem. Some where on here is a write up how to fix it. If none of that works than I know that I have read that some people have gone to scrap yards and found clusters that work. I would try to fix things before spending money to get a replacement. Best of luck to you