Broken again.....

So I went out wheeling again this morning with some buddies on a trail I have only run about 2 other times and there are endless trails out there, I was doing a rock climb and got hung up and had to winch out then there was a hill climb with some stumps and I made it 3/4 the way up after the 3rd try. I just kept on the gas hoping it would crawl up the rest of the day and my CV on the drivers side snapped right at the joint, along with my wheel bearing started to make some noise on the way home so I need to take it apart and look inside. So looks like I will be taking it apart this coming week and fixing it.

I'm surprised your manual hub did not take the hit instead of your cv... technically, it should have been like this... maybe your cv was already on it's way out....

I guess it's time for you to weld the front...

So today was the first day it has not rained up here, went outside to get a better look at the damage and noticed my exhaust hanging lower than usual so I crawled up underneath and saw my resonator has a huge dent in it from the rocks I suppose. Then I noticed that the J.A. missing link is bent, also noticed a dent in my lower control arm on the drivers side but not too noticeable. Then I was looking at my CV as I just went out and bought one and it seems to be intact and ok, but the MM manual hub on the driver side is completely blown and cracked which explains the loss of 4WD; and I bought new wheel bearings and a bearing packer instead of doing it by hand this time which I figured helped cause it fail. So it makes fixing it a lot easier not having to replace the CV.

0521111533.jpg

0521111533a.jpg

0521111533b.jpg

0521111537.jpg

0521111543.jpg

0521111541.jpg

0521111541a.jpg

0521111539.jpg

0521111539a.jpg

Would my skid plate that I already bought off you bolt to it? And what about a mid skid plate for the SFD? I would want to get that link and be able to use my skid plate and maybe a mid skid plate that is solid with no door? Hit me up with some prices as I would want it made out of aluminum most likely. So I put my spare MM hub on today along with new wheel bearings both sides. Got on the phone with Smittybilt and have them mailing out a new controller for my winch, seems mine stopped working.

0521111814a.jpg

0521111814.jpg