CB antenna questions

I use a similar hood mount from FireStik and paired it with a HD spring. I spend a bit of time in tight brush/trees each summer so I like having the spring (bent it completely 90 degress just yesterday) and I got the HD type because a couple friends had complained about the light/medium duty whipping in the wind while driving on the highway.

I think it might be a little bit personal preferrence (everyone has an opinion on this kind of stuff) and a determination of where you'll be spending a lot of your time whilst using the CB.

I didn't read up on the antenna. If it isn't stiff/fiberglass and more of a whip-like antenna, then maybe you won't need the spring.

Radio Shack reviews seem favorable in terms of durability. Even if it breaks it's only $20. I rarely (never) go off-road (2WD + open diff + highway tires = fail) so my only enemy is wind and maybe drive-thru height limits. Can always buy a spring later if I feel it's required. Not quite sure why I'm installing the CB radio even, but it's likely useful for notification of traffic/accidents on the highway by truckers or emergencies in areas where there's no cell reception. Or maybe it's not worth wasting the money, still torn about it.

Edited by Towncivilian