Budley says Hello

Budley

Ok, I'm new to this whole forum thing. I have a 95 pathfinder and I have a few things I would like to do. 1st Chop the top similar to the 1980's toyota 4runners. And make it so I can bolt it back on. next paint the whole thing with bedliner. Has anyone done that, or can someone point me in the write direction. Thanks and I'm excited about this forum.

Welcome to NPORA Bud!! I peeled this off of where you posted it and make it it's own thread. No worries, you will get the hang of it... :aok:

As for making a removable/replacable top, no, I have never heard of anyone doing it. Several chop tops and if you were careful you could make a way to remount it but I think you'd need some pretty good sheet metal and welding skills. Especially if you wanted it water proof... :shrug:

B

Welcome! removable/replaceable top is a cool idea I think. Don't the 80's 4runners only have two doors? Makes it easier for them cause they don't have to factor in the other two passenger doors. Or are you just wanting to chop off behind the rear doors? Anyway, I'd be inclined to try to stiffen up the top to make it more rigid BEFORE cutting it off. That way it wont go all floppy and fight you every step of the way trying to make it line up again for fitting it back on.

:laugh: