Cargo Cover Question

My Pathfinder was missing the rear Cargo Shade (the pull out one) and I just got an OEM one from eBay. Problem is that it doesn't cover the entire area! Is this normal? Was this because of the option for reclining rear seats? Its actually pretty stout and I think I should be able to modify it to cover the entire area but I wanted to make sure before I started changing it.

I have 8" from the front edge of the cover to the back of the rear seats. I'll see if I can get some pics when it's a bit lighter.

I was planning on using some sheet aluminum or stiff cardboard and fasten it to the top and leading edge to make up the gap. The big issue would be storing the cover when I fold down the seats to put large items in the back.

I have 8" from the front edge of the cover to the back of the rear seats. I'll see if I can get some pics when it's a bit lighter.

Mine has that gap too. It goes all the way to the hatch on the other side.

Problem solved... Kind of. It turns out my 2nd row of seats DO recline. I just leaned them back to tighten the gap down to around 1"-2". That will work for now.

Edited by RedRider3141

Problem solved... Kind of. It turns out my 2nd row of seats DO reline. I just leaned them back to tighten the gap down to around 1"-2". That will work for now.

Yep. Same thing that I do in mine. Plus, the rear seats are more comfy for the peeps sitting in the back seat.