Winches

muddfildvaynes

So now having my bumper on I am in the markt for a good winch, just looking for one that is dependable bt also not going to put a huge dent in my pocket; I like smittybily xrc8 as 3 of my buddies have the same winch and it is very reliable and good for my wallet which I have found for $299.99 and it comes with a cover and free shipping from 4wheelparts.com; warn seems to be very expensive but I know they are also good ,but still and the same with superwinch and mile marker...... And I don't know about some offbrand winch although some of them are really good from what I hear every so often. Any ideas?

Make sure you get the $50 rebate....and it looks like a FREE COVER as well! Do a price search on the Internet.....my local 4WheelsParts Store "Price Matched" everything I bought from them when I bought my Warn M8000 and ALL my PIAA LIGHTS! Smittybilt Winch / 4WheelParts

Thats the one I have. Plenty strong enough for a WD

My link

The cover it comes with fades to gray in about a month and the grommets are rusting but its still holding together. It does blend the winch into the bumper well so it doesn't stand out so much. I did replace the cord on it with some braided cord and slide locks. It came with what looked like shoe strings that had to be tied to hold it in place.

James

I found the best deal I could, $289.99 on EBAY with a cover..... If you want one there are only 3 left.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350438065437&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

Did you try taking that price to 4wheelparts???? If I found that price, they'd match it! Then take the $50 rebate that they're offering too!

Well now I feel like a dope lol, I didn't even see the $50 rebate they are offering; I called them up and they would only offer the $50 rebate on the price they were selling them at which was $309.94 - $50 which would of been $259.94..... rather I decided to go with EBAY last night and get one for $289.99..... maybe I should just buy the one from them too and sell the EBAY winch when I get it? Or just live with the decision to not save $30....

Edited by muddfildvaynes

Well now I feel like a dope lol, I didn't even see the $50 rebate they are offering; I called them up and they would only offer the $50 rebate on the price they were selling them at which was $309.94 - $50 which would of been $259.94..... rather I decided to go with EBAY last night and get one for $289.99..... maybe I should just buy the one from them too and sell the EBAY winch when I get it? Or just live with the decision to not save $30....

I think you could have 4wheelparts price match....get the lowprice. Then you just download the rebate and print it....I think it's just a .PDF file. If I'm not mistaken....the rebate is coming from Smittybilt and it won't matter how much you got it from 4WP. They would send you a check for $50. Here's the link to the rebate Rebate Form

Edited by OfftourRoadie96

I got this bad boy

http://www.vortexdirect.com/vo10lbwiwatr.html

It came with the wired remote, WIRELESS remote, fairlead and hook. Also, the solenoid/Motor/Gear box are all sealed. I've used it a few times to pull me through some big snowbanks and up some steep hills. No problems at all.

And this thing was CHEAP AS HELL!!!

• 1 month later...

After looking at everything I'm leaning toward the Smittybilt XRC-12. It might be a little over kill but better to have more than you need. I like that it pulls less amps at 12000 lbs than the 8 does at 8000 and that on the 4th layer of line it is still pulling 8500 lbs. its line speed is a little slower but with no need for a snachblock it ends up being alot faster. I just think that combined with the durability of a heavier machine is worth the $200 more than the xrc-8. Even at $500 it is a bargain (about 50% the cost) compared to a Warn, or almost any other brand in that capacity range.

XRC-8

Line speed and amp draw (first layer)

Lbs 0 2000 4000 6000 8000

Fpm 37.2 18 13.1 10.2 8.2

Amps 75 195 260 335 410

Line pull and cable capacity

Layer of cable 1 2 3 4

Lbs 8000 6900 5850 5100

XRC-12

Line speed and amp draw (first layer)

Lbs 0 2000 4000 6000 8000 10000 12000

Fpm 23.5 12.8 10.5 9.4 7.4 6.3 5

Amps 65 120 165 215 270 320 370

Line pull and cable capacity

Layer of cable 1 2 3 4

Lbs 120000 10270 9200 8500

Here's another thread already started with some reviews on various winches from different members. If anyone else has experience winching with your unit, please leave some feedback in that thread using the format layout as a minimum, but feel free to add anything else that is relevant.