wife ready pathy upgrade

95responder

well first off i getting married on the 7th of august. i know i know she's crazy but i love her. now on to the build i am adding a engine coolant raw water heat exchanger to my pathy to help her appreciate my truck and camping more :shiftyeyes:. Nothing too fancy a 12v hardwired pump some copper tubing a pvc cylinder and raw water connections hoses valves blah blah blah. the idea for those new to this is cold water is pumped into system heated by coolant from warm and running pathy and come out as warm water for shower, dishes, clothes etc. now of course i intend to split raw water line before cylinder and valve it so as to control temp much like at home. thoughts ????

well first off i getting married on the 7th of august. i know i know she's crazy but i love her. now on to the build i am adding a engine coolant raw water heat exchanger to my pathy to help her appreciate my truck and camping more :shiftyeyes:. Nothing too fancy a 12v hardwired pump some copper tubing a pvc cylinder and raw water connections hoses valves blah blah blah. the idea for those new to this is cold water is pumped into system heated by coolant from warm and running pathy and come out as warm water for shower, dishes, clothes etc. now of course i intend to split raw water line before cylinder and valve it so as to control temp much like at home. thoughts ????

Are you thinking about a onboard tank or just a fitting to hook a hose 2? We use heat exchangers allot at my work on marine products. Remember a 3 pass style will warm or cool (depending on application) the water about 6 times as much as a single pass style. Also the more tubes in your exchanger the more efficient it will be. We use brass ones most of the time. We use them for the opposite we use the river water to cool the anti freeze. This is a interesting project you are working on I can't wait to see how it turns out.