I love this forum!

NavyP503

I finally decided to tackle my dome light issue. It works in the 'ON' position, but in the 'Door' position it's always on, meaning it stays on regardless if the doors are open or not, however it is at about half it's output. I measured the resistance to ground on the 'Door' lead, R/B, and when the doors are closed I'm getting about 10 megaohms, which accounts for the dim light. When any door is opened I measure a good ground with usually less than 1 Ohm, and the light is nice and bright.

So as I was writing this I decided to search a couple things about the rear door switch, since it was the only one I couldn't find to disconnect. Turns out it's a common problem. So I used the washer trick to fix the switch and voila, the luggage light is working and the dome light is working as well. Only thing I can figure is that the diode between the R/W and R/B leads was dying and since the rear hatch switch thought that the door was open the reverse biased diode was giving about 10 mega-ohm to ground. I would still like to fix the diode, so if anyone knows where that stupid thing is, please let me know.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone in here who posts up their problems and solutions. This forum is by far the most knowledgeable about their vehicles than any other forum I've been on.

Edited by NavyP503