Front Suspension Noise

Semperpathy

I am haveing problems with my front suspension. When I am inside I turn the steering wheel left or right and I hear a clunk sound. I have my son get inside and look at the front springs and here is what I see. When you turn the steering wheel left the wheels go left and the spring starts to twist and then it pops into place. I am sure that everything is tight. Could this be the spring mount in the wrong location? Dont know that to do. Thanks for the help. If this is not clear enough (which it probably isnt) let me know and I will try to explain better.

seems to me your strut bearing is down for the count.. This part is what makes your strut turns easily when you turn the wheel...

use the nissan oem for replacement... and don't wait too long..

Edited by fleurys

When I did the suspension I added OME Heavy duty front springs, KYB struts, OEM upper strut mount, OEM strut bearing. I am hoping that I didnt put it together wrong but probably did. Crap. If so I will have to tear it down and buy new bearings and do it again. Anyone have pics of how it should look when completed. I know there is a notch on the mount that touches the spring. What direction should this notch be facing. Thanks for the help.

It should be spring, sprint hat, notch facing the engine, strut bearing, strut mount, with the corresponding letter (L or R) facing the engine and lined up with the notch.

Jose